Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with OAuth 2.0 authentication

Hello Everybody!

I am facing an issue to connect PowerBI Service to an Excel file on OneDrive. I created the visuals on PowerBI Desktop and when I update the file on OneDrive, the Desktop version updates accordingly without any issues. However, when I published the file to PowerBI service and tried to update the Dataset, the changes would not reflect on the Dashboards. I got the following error: “Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.” I clicked on “Edit Credentials” and adjusted the authentication method for OAuth2 and I got the following message: “You need to use SSL (HTTPS) when you use OAuth 2.0 authentication.” Also, a new window popped up asking for me to choose an account to log in. I clicked on my account (the same one I use for logging in PowerBI Desktob and PowerBI Service) and then I am redirected to PowerBI’s homepage but I am still not able to update the Dataset.

Anyone had a similar problem and knows how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried swithching the Web navigator from Edge to Chrome and it worked just fine

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
YohanEisenbah

I managed to address this issue by going through the following checklist:

1. Ensure that pop-ups are enabled in your browser.
  2. If you're not using Microsoft Edge and the error persists after enabling pop-ups, consider switching to Microsoft Edge.

I found this helpful checklist at: link.

Overtake107

I had the same issue and i followed the "Enable pop up" in firefox. Then i went back to edit credentials of all dataflows and it worked perfectly.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Based on my test, it works fine on my side, please kindly check my setting below:

01.PNG02.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft, thanks for your reply! 

I've adjusted my settings accordingly but I still face the same issue (You need to use SSL (HTTPS) when you use OAuth 2.0 authentication.)

Error_1jpg.jpgError2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried swithching the Web navigator from Edge to Chrome and it worked just fine

I enable popup then it work in Firefox too.

I had the same issue in Forefox. In Chrome, this is not a problem. Looks like Microsoft needs to fix a bug in their browser !?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors