Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue with OAuth 2.0 authentication

Hello Everybody!

I am facing an issue to connect PowerBI Service to an Excel file on OneDrive. I created the visuals on PowerBI Desktop and when I update the file on OneDrive, the Desktop version updates accordingly without any issues. However, when I published the file to PowerBI service and tried to update the Dataset, the changes would not reflect on the Dashboards. I got the following error: “Your data source can't be refreshed because the credentials are invalid. Please update your credentials and try again.” I clicked on “Edit Credentials” and adjusted the authentication method for OAuth2 and I got the following message: “You need to use SSL (HTTPS) when you use OAuth 2.0 authentication.” Also, a new window popped up asking for me to choose an account to log in. I clicked on my account (the same one I use for logging in PowerBI Desktob and PowerBI Service) and then I am redirected to PowerBI’s homepage but I am still not able to update the Dataset.

Anyone had a similar problem and knows how to solve it?

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried swithching the Web navigator from Edge to Chrome and it worked just fine

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
YohanEisenbah

I managed to address this issue by going through the following checklist:

1. Ensure that pop-ups are enabled in your browser.
  2. If you're not using Microsoft Edge and the error persists after enabling pop-ups, consider switching to Microsoft Edge.

I found this helpful checklist at: link.

Overtake107

I had the same issue and i followed the "Enable pop up" in firefox. Then i went back to edit credentials of all dataflows and it worked perfectly.

v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Based on my test, it works fine on my side, please kindly check my setting below:

01.PNG02.PNG

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-diye-msft, thanks for your reply! 

I've adjusted my settings accordingly but I still face the same issue (You need to use SSL (HTTPS) when you use OAuth 2.0 authentication.)

Error_1jpg.jpgError2.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried swithching the Web navigator from Edge to Chrome and it worked just fine

I enable popup then it work in Firefox too.

I had the same issue in Forefox. In Chrome, this is not a problem. Looks like Microsoft needs to fix a bug in their browser !?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors