Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Issue with Drill through Report. When going back and going to main page of target report

I have a source Report and it drills through to a page in a target report by day

The page in the target report is the lowest level Drill through Report

I go into source report, go to the visual with day as the column and drill through to the target drill through report. Everything works really well.

I click back and go back to my main dashboard and then to the top level page of the taret report which should show everything by month but its now filtered by day.

I have to reset filters to get rid which causes real issues for the user. I dont think this is how it should work

Drillthrough issue.JPG

Any advice would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DebbieE ,

You can refer to this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-cross-report-drill-through, besides, the Cross Report drillthrough requires reports are within the same workspace or app in the Power BI service.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

I have already looked at that to create my drill through and understand that they need to be in the same workspace.

I think there may be an issue because its not working correctly (See above)

Hi @DebbieE ,

If you still have this issue for Power BI, you'd better create a support ticket in Power BI Support to get further help.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Ive put the issue up with a very simple test which still shows the same logic

I have created two very basic test reports to work with to make this as simple as possible

they both use the same simple table

Report 1, Page 1 Is just filtered on year and has a few visuals. 

It contains column charts with month on the Axis

Page 2 is a basic table

Drill through field is Month and Cross report is switched on On

DT Report Img 2.JPG

Report 2 Page 1 is Filtered on Year and Region and has a few visuals including a column chart with Month on the Axis

DT Report Img 3.JPG

Both reports are Set File > Options and Settings > Options > Report Settings

Cross Report Drill through - Allow Visuals in this report to use Drill through Targets from other reports

Both reports are published to a workspace.

Once in the Service I create a very simple dashboard from a visual from each report as my starting point

here is where it goes wrong

DT Report Img 4.JPG

Start at the Dashboard and go to region. click on the Total from region report Tile

DT Report Img 5.JPGOnce in here I right click and get the drill through on the Other report, So far so good. I click this and go to the drill through

DT Report Img 6.JPG

Note that the filters are kept as expected from the region report.

Now I decide to go back to the dashboard because I want to go to the main report. 

In this case I click the back button (Because the back button doesnt work on the report when you move between reports)

Or I can simply click on the  Bread crumb trail of POC reports and Dashboards and go back to the dashboard this way

DT Report Img 7.JPG

This time I want to go to the main report with just the Date slicer. 

DT Report Img 8.JPG

And this is where the problem lies. Notice that the filters from the drill through are still applied so this year report is filtered by Month and region.

When moving back to the start we dont want the drill through filter applying. If you drill through in the same report this works absolutely fine. You can go back and the filters are unapplied. However they arent unapplied when drilling through to other reports.

This means that currently i cant get some of my cruicial logic up and running for users. Please can you advise on this. Its getting pretty urgent. Users have to go in a remove the filters manually every time which is massively increasing complexity

Hopefully either someone can give me a fix or there is an issue so i can get there reports working for my users 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors