Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TimOConnell
Frequent Visitor

Issue with Azure Analysis Services connection in Power BI service

I'm having trouble getting a dataset deployed to the Power BI service work with Azure Analysis Services. My scenario is:

• I have create an Azure Analysis services server in my MSDN Azure Tenant
  • I have granted access to this tenant with my work account
  • Using my work account, I have deployed a Tabular model to Azure Analysis Services
  • I have connected Power BI desktop to Azure Analysis Services and successfully connected to the database
  • From here I can build an example report in Power BI desktop
  • I then publish the Power BI desktop file to our Power BI tenant (I have tried both publishing to a normal workspace and an embedded capacity)
  • When I open the report or the dataset in the Power BI tenant I get the error "

Cannot Load the Model: Couldn't load the model schema associated with this report. Make sure you have a connection to the server, and try again. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details."
  • To debug this I tried editing the credentials. It appears to connect successfully but the error persists

Is there something I have done incorrectly? What else could I try to debug this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TimOConnell
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind. It was a security issue. I was able to resolve it by logging in to power bi with a user that has access to the tabular model. I wasn't aware that you couldn't share credentials

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
TimOConnell
Frequent Visitor

Nevermind. It was a security issue. I was able to resolve it by logging in to power bi with a user that has access to the tabular model. I wasn't aware that you couldn't share credentials

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors