Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Legosk15

Issue signing up

Hello,

I have been trying to sign up for the web based power.Bi for a month now and i always recieve the same error.  Any suggestion why this might be?

The message I get every time is: 

Sorry, that didn't work
There's a problem on our end. We're working on it, so try again later.

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
SourceToShare
Frequent Visitor

It's likely a different issue, but I ran into this as well.  

Does your organization currently use Office 365?  Or have they in the past?  I was running into a long-abondoned ADFS redirect.  It wasn't apparent on PowerBI.com, but I did notice when I entered my email into the Office365 portal (portal.office.com).  As soon as I "tabbed" passed email, it directed me to an organizational login.  

In my case, the organization had tried using Office 365 shortly after release, then decided against it.  The ADFS artifact remained and killed any chance of a PowerBI.com account.  They had Microsoft release the domain from O365, and now we're up and running.

It's a long shot, but it may help.  Good luck.

Derek

Dear Derek @SourceToShare:

Could you describe the process of asking Microsoft for the releasing the domain for O365 i have this very same problem and i am trying to sign up to power bi with my workdomain

Sorry for the delay @lelopezm. I wasn't involved in the process.  Our previous O365 admin made contact and had Microsoft delete the tenant?  Maybe?  Haha!  I'm sorry I don't have more info.

@Legosk15 What country do you live in, and are you using a work or school email address?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi @Seth_C_Bauer,

I am using a work email address which is associated with Outlook, and work in NYC.  I wish I lived near Seattle!

@Legosk15 Weird. Submit a bug/issue with Power BI Support. Someone from MS will contact you within a day or so, at least that's been my experiance.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors