Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue opening reports in web with Cortana

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to open the reports in the web with the help of Cortana search window.
So when I search by the report name in the Cortana search window I was able to see the report name and the app it is in.
But when I select the result it navigates to the web browser(microsoft edge) to app.powerbi.com with the group ids and dateset ids in the hyperlink but within seconds it shows as app.powerbi.com and a blank page(see image provided), then I've noticed that there is an option to go back within the same tab and I was able to see the report I was searching for.

Does anyone had/seen similar issues before? Will Cortana be able to open regular PBI reports/ dashboards?
However, the reports with the 'Cortana answer card' as the report page works fine and I didn't have any issue while I was opening them in the web.

CortanaIssue.JPG

I've followed all the documentation and enabled all the neccessary configurations required.

Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks in Advance!

2 REPLIES 2
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm trying to open the reports in the web with the help of Cortana search window.
So when I search by the report name in the Cortana search window I was able to see the report name and the app it is in.
But when I select the result it navigates to the web browser(microsoft edge) to app.powerbi.com with the group ids and dateset ids in the hyperlink but within seconds it shows as app.powerbi.com and a blank page(see image provided), then I've noticed that there is an option to go back within the same tab and I was able to see the report I was searching for.

I have a little confused about your scenario.

Do you follow this document?

Do you want to type the report name in Cortana search window of Windows 10 to search the power bi report and dashboard or only show the Cortana card?

I'm afraid that you should design a custom Cortana answer card in Power BI Desktop, then publish it to Power BI Service and allow  Cortana access to its dataset under Setting.

Please refer to below article about how to use power bi with cortana firstly:

Galleries : Webinars and Video Gallery : Using Cortana with Power BI

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft 
Thanks for your response.

Just to clear the confusion, Reports with Cortana answer card as report page type are working fine. I don't have any issues with that.
All I'm trying to do here is to open the regular reports(page size type 16:9) in web browser with the help of Cortana search window of Windows 10.

When I type in the report name(page size type 16:9) it shows up, but when I select the Report (trying to open in web), Mircosoft Edge opens up and shows as it is opening up the report and within seconds it goes blank as provided in the screenshot in my above post and I have to manually click back button in the web browser for me to go to that report. the browser page doesn't stop  Most likely, this sounds like a browser issue but just would like to know if anyone can help me with this or if anyone have faced a similar issue before and any alternatives in achieving this.

Do you follow this document?

Yes, I did.

Let me know if you need any additional information on this.

Regards,

Sai

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors