Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cantruchd
Advocate I
Advocate I

Issue on slicers search function

When click on the slicer to search for a slicer item, the keyboard pop up and then disappear, so the text could not be input.

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S10+ running Android 11, I've tested with Chrome, Opera, Firefox, Edge all have the same issue.

Please help, many thanks.

12 REPLIES 12
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

This issue was submitted internally.(Internal ICM ID: 236823516)

The answer is the mobile browsers are not supported for power bi.

I'm sorry that the issue could not be solved, please try to use a power bi mobile app instead.

Supported browsers for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

cantruchd
Advocate I
Advocate I

@v-stephen-msft yes if only select already available slicer then no problem. 

The problem will appear when you try to enter text into the slicer's search box to narrow down the selection. Or if you try to select another month with a calendar slicer.

Hi @cantruchd ,

This is my screenshot. After the keyboard pops up, it does not disappear. I can successfully input text and filter. If you can, try to test it on another phone.

Screenshot 2021-03-23 132209.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-stephen-msft ,

Can you change the slicer type to 'drop down' and try again?

Hi @cantruchd ,

Sorry for my late reply.

I changed the type to 'Drop down' and it still worked. And my android version upgraded to 11.

43.png

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

Hi @v-stephen-msft ,

I see that you have not enabled text search within that slicer.

Please enable the search option in the drop down slicer:

cantruchd_1-1617355761029.png

Then try entering some text into the magnifying glass:

cantruchd_2-1617355795701.png

Please note that the screenshots are from PC, as in my mobile I would not be able to enter the text "text not in list"

Hi @cantruchd ,

Thank you for your patient explanations many times. The issue you described has indeed appeared on my side.

This is probably due to compatibility issues between the phone’s keyboard and the power bi service.

Please create a support ticket via below link and our relevant personnel will help to handle it.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cantruchd ,

Sorry I can't record mobile video, my slicer filter is the same as on the computer. I don’t need to enter text in the text box, just select the corresponding option. There's no keyboard pops up.

My android version is 10.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @cantruchd ,

It may be a compatibility issue. I think the pop-up of the keyboard will not affect the filtering of the slicer. It is recommended that you use Power BI mobile apps.

Reference: What are the Power BI mobile apps?

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

@v-stephen-msft  As we use app owns data scenario so we cannot use Power BI mobile app. And we can not filter anything when the keyboard keeps disappearing.

Hi @cantruchd ,

I tested it on my mobile phone, and my browser can use the slicer to filter. Try to clear the browser’s cache and cookies or uninstall the browser and reinstall it.

The browser I tested is Google Chrome and I‘m using One Plus 7 Pro.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

Hi @v-stephen-msft ,

Thank you for the test.

Does your slicer have a search text box and did you try to enter text into that textbox? Can you post a video?

And also what is your android version?

Thank you in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors