Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

j_w
Helper IV
Helper IV

Issue: little grey square at bottom right corner of the Text when set Text title using a measure

Power BI - Text box.png

Power BI - Title.png

Power BI.png

When set Text title by conditional formatting using a measure:

There is no such grey square when view the report in Power BI Desktop, but shows in Power BI Service after publish.

Not sure how to get rid of it?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@GilbertQ I think I know why there is the grey box.

When I adding the Text box into the report page, if I align the empty text to center, as below:

Power BI - Text box center.png

Then there will be the grey section after publish to the Service.

If didn't change the cursor position, then it was fine.

Not sure it is a Power BI bug or not.

Note: originally the Text box's Title was turn off and using the centered text inside the box as the report page's title, later removed this text ( but still left the cursor at center) and turn on Text box's Title to using a measure.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maxime_popsell
Regular Visitor

It's actually a scrollbar for the text content below the title.

Even if you dont have text, it's a reservered space for 1 line. So if your container is not tall enough, you'll see it.

Hope it helps.

Regards

powerbi.gif

PowerBIV2Please

This was kinda driving me mad and I came across this post before I realised that the little grey square in the bottom right corner is simply the scroll bar if the box is too small compared to your text. You can move the box size in order to get rid of it.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

have you got the latest version of Power BI Desktop

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ 

Yes, I use the latest Desktop version

@GilbertQ when I change the Text box to a Card, there is no grey square, so Card is fine.

What happens if you turn off the Visual filters?

Power BI Blog

@GilbertQ  Not sure how to turn off the visual filters (for all visuals or only for this issue Text box, and Text box seems not a visual?), could you show the screen shots?

I also tried creating a new report page and put a new Text box using a measure as its title in the same pbix file, after publish still having the same issue in this new page.

When I try this (using a measure for the title of a Text box) in a new empty pbix file, it is all good though.

I guess the old pbix file might have some issue.

@GilbertQ I think I know why there is the grey box.

When I adding the Text box into the report page, if I align the empty text to center, as below:

Power BI - Text box center.png

Then there will be the grey section after publish to the Service.

If didn't change the cursor position, then it was fine.

Not sure it is a Power BI bug or not.

Note: originally the Text box's Title was turn off and using the centered text inside the box as the report page's title, later removed this text ( but still left the cursor at center) and turn on Text box's Title to using a measure.

Thanks for letting us know the solution to the problem. Good to know

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors