Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fatema
Regular Visitor

Issue in Power BI Embed Apps own data implementation with different Azure AD tenants

I have one Azure AD tenant A for my organization users and another AD B for my application users.

Now I want to embed the Power BI Report for my application with Azure AD B tenant. But the creator of Report which is having power BI license is the user of Azure AD A tenant.

As per Microsoft documentation,  Apps own Power BI Embed implementation requires one master account with Power BI Pro license.

So my question here is

Can I use A tenant user which is also the owner of B tenant as a master account of B tenant?

Or is there any other way to share the report with B tenant user?

5 REPLIES 5
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @fatema,

Why did you not share the report directly? Then the users/gourps from different tenants could visit the report by the link.

2.PNG

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

I don't want a shared link because I want to embed the report to other tenant application.

Hi @fatema,

Then I suggest to use the App Owns Data. As App Owns Data sample is for Embedding for your customers, the embedded report readers can be your own customers(say you're an ISV application provider). So no log-in. Power BI Embedded license is required.

Regards,

Frank

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @fatema,

Does that make sense? If so, kindly mark my answer as a solution to close the case.

Regards,
Frank

Actually, I was already using the apps own data sample, my issue was that I am having a master account in different tenant and my application Azure AD on the different tenant. So my question was if I can have a Power BI license user from the different tenant?

So I got the answer, yes we can have Azure AD Application registered for Power BI in the tenant which have at least one user having power BI license. It does not matter, which tenant you are using to integrate within the app. You can have multiple tenants integrated within your application.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors