Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MelAloisio
Frequent Visitor

Issue editing tile name on dashboards

When trying to rename a tile on a dashboard, I get the below error.

TileRenameIssue.jpg

I am a former free licence member who upgraded to the Pro Trial. There are additional upgraded Pro Trial team members that get the same error. I thought it might have something to do with paid for Pro verse Pro trial licenses. Then I had one of the team members that have a paid for Pro licence try and she also gets the same error message, whereas there are other paid for Pro licence team members that are able to rename a tile on a dashboard.

I am one of the admins on the workspace so it is not an admin vs member issue. I get this issue whether I have been appointed an admin on a workspace created by someone else or on one that I have created myself.

I have done a lot of searching and I am not finding anyone else that has this issue or how to resolve it. Are there any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

We had our security team adjust the filters for restricted websites. They added a large list of Power BI related URLs to the exceptions list, which seemed to allow the team to now modify tile names in dashboards. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@MelAloisio,

I have tested it on my local environment, I can rename tile name on dashboard without any issue. 

Capture.PNG

Can you reproduce this iusse, if yes please provide us detail steps to reproduce this issue, so that we can make further analysis.

Regards,

Charlie Liao

I can recreate the issue; it happens every time I try to update the name of any tile on any dashboard. This happens whether I try to change the name with or without a subtitle. As I said previously, it doesn't happen to everyone in my organization, just some people. And it doesn't appear to matter whether they are paid for pro licence or upgraded pro licence.

Steps:

1. Open workspace

2. Click on a dashboard to open it (I typically have multiple dashboards in a workspace)

3. Click on the ellipses on the top right hand of the tile

4. Click the pencil to edit the details

5. Rename the tile

6. Click the Apply button (and wait; it usually takes a minute for the error to pop up)

7. Recieve the error message pop up

This is the error recievedThis is the error recievedThis is the starting tile nameThis is the starting tile nameThis was my attempt at renaming the tileThis was my attempt at renaming the tile

I have had my whole team test the functionality of this. Out of 6 team members, only 1 of us can modify tile details. 4 out of the 6 team members are purchased pro licences and it is 1 of those pro users that can do the modification. Are there any implementation settings that could cause issues with the ability to change information? There is no issue with creating workspaces or uploading content (files, etc). It is just an issue with the editing of tile names. 

We had our security team adjust the filters for restricted websites. They added a large list of Power BI related URLs to the exceptions list, which seemed to allow the team to now modify tile names in dashboards. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors