Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JWinsor

Issue connecting published report to on-premis Access database.

Hi.

I have a user who is starting out with Power BI, he is the first to use this and I have been helping as best I can. He is trying to generate a report from an Access Database that is on-premis and publish it to the cloud and share it with others to view. The user has created the report and can connect to the database with the desktop application when he is on the corporate network or via VPN but as soon as it is published, he gets various sync errors. We have installed the gateway to the same PC as the database and set it in its default mode and on the face of things, the gateway connection is established.

Initially, the error was scheduled sync is disabled due to one data source not having credentials provided. We granted access as admin and it appears to all be green (below).

Capture1.JPG

Now when we try to schedule a sync, the error we are getting is unspecified error, DataFormat.Error.

Capture2.JPG

We are struggling to understand why the report renders correctly when we are connected using the desktop app but when published it appears to be a format error, the connection also appears to be stable and configured correctly.

Please advise!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JWinsor,

Based on my research, the Access database could not use the on-premises gateway, Power BI only support 64 bit personal gateway, you could refer to below link that may help you solve the problem.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Using-MS-Access-as-a-data-source-with-O...

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JWinsor,

Could you please tell me if your problem has been solved? If it is, could you please mark the helpful replies as Answered?

Regards,

Daniel He

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @JWinsor,

Based on my research, the Access database could not use the on-premises gateway, Power BI only support 64 bit personal gateway, you could refer to below link that may help you solve the problem.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Integrations-with-Files-and/Using-MS-Access-as-a-data-source-with-O...

Regards,

Daniel He

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors