Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlexSavchenko
Frequent Visitor

Issue after publishing dataset based on SSAS to Power BI Online

Hi! I am trying to configure Power BI to use SSAS datasource, located on Asure VM.

It is my first experience with PBI, hope somebody can help to solve my problems.

Thanks in advance.

What I have now:

-Azure VM + SQL Server+SSAS, Default Azure Active Directory "xxx.onmicrosoft.com"

-Other Azure VM works at the same virtual network as Domain controller

-Service account of SSAS is a Domain User with all previleges

-Firewall temporary turned off 

-ports that SSAS needs (outbound endpoints) opened on Azure (but not sure that they configured properly)

-Gateway installed and configured at the same machine as SQL + SSAS for the user who is Global admin of  "xxx.onmicrosoft.com"

-Both datasourses created (for SQL and for SSAS) and tested successfully

-Local Domain and  Azure AD ("xxx.onmicrosoft.com") synchronised by "Azure AD Connect" tool

-Simple Reports created in Power BI Desktop. One for SQL datasource, one for SSAS datasource. Both published with no Errrors.

As result:

I see names of both reports in the list in PowerBI Online.

But! SQL Report shows the picture properly, when 

SSAS based report shows "Data source access error. Contact Gateway Admin" in the pink area at the top.

And "An unexpected error occurres" at the place where visual report have to be. Technical details do not discribe the reason. Simply Activity ID, Time, Version, URL

2 REPLIES 2
AlexSavchenko
Frequent Visitor

Any Ideas?

Today I have tried to replicate the same environment, but on local server, not in Asure.

Results the same,

I thought, that problem somewhere on the boarder between Azure VM and Web, but seems not...

Solved. The problem was, that PowerBI Pro users were not matched with SSAS Domain users

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors