Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue With Scheduled Refreshes/Gateway Suddenly Stopping Working

I'm looking for some help with gateways. The PBI scheduled refreshes at my company suddenly stopped working overnight, from what I can tell, the error has something to do with the gateway. Unfortunately, everyone who was involved in setting up the gateway is now gone, so I'm at a loss as to what to do. We use On Premises gateway in personal mode that shows it is online and ready to be used, and we connect to a SQL Server. Also, when I refresh one of the reports in PBI Desktop, it refreshes fine with no issues, and the query editor doesn't show any errors. MS support has not responded to my ticket.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Error:
Something went wrong
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset. Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details. Data source error{"error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","pbi.error":{"code":"DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_MashupDataAccessError","parameters":{},"details":[{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorCode","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingErrorMessage","detail":{"type":1,"value":"The key didn't match any rows in the table."}},{"code":"DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult","detail":{"type":1,"value":"-2147467259"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Key","detail":{"type":1,"value":"[Schema = \"Erp\", Item = \"ProdGrup\"]"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Reason","detail":{"type":1,"value":"Expression.Error"}},{"code":"Microsoft.Data.Mashup.ValueError.Table","detail":{"type":1,"value":"#table({\"Name\", \"Data\", \"Schema\", \"Item\", \"Kind\"}, {})"}}],"exceptionCulprit":1}}} Table: dProductGroup. Cluster URIWABI-US-EAST2-redirect.analysis.windows.net Activity ID5c7699b0-7db4-42c7-a780-ac703d915f35 Request IDf6c90b28-4403-4ebe-827e-233ed7a57a89 Time2020-10-16 11:41:46Z

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turns out the issue was that the user account the gateway was installed on was not a sysadmin on SQL Server. Changed the creds there and it started working. No idea if changes were made to to credentials and prompted all this, or if it's not been sysadmin the entire time and the gateway just randomly decided to not be ok with that one day. 

Either way, it's resolved.
Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turns out the issue was that the user account the gateway was installed on was not a sysadmin on SQL Server. Changed the creds there and it started working. No idea if changes were made to to credentials and prompted all this, or if it's not been sysadmin the entire time and the gateway just randomly decided to not be ok with that one day. 

Either way, it's resolved.
Thanks!

DataZoe
Employee
Employee

@Anonymous The data gateway just had an update, did you try and update it to the latest version?

Respectfully,
Zoe Douglas (DataZoe)

Follow me on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/in/zoedouglas-data
See my reports and blog at https://www.datazoepowerbi.com/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors