Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

lbudack
Advocate III
Advocate III

Issue: Report Subscription sent multiple emails

I have a scheduled email that goes out from one of my reports to a group of people, including myself. Today I got it twice, and one user (at least) received it three times. Did anyone else experience this or is this a known issue? I checked the report, and there is only one subscription email active right now. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I only have one or two reports with subscription emails that are scheduled. I haven't seen this happen again only because there hasn't been another scheduled run as of yet. I suspect it may have had to do with a fix that Microsoft was working on for emails not sending at all. I can't confirm that, of course, but the timing makes me think it's possible. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
wshaneb

I am also having this same issue. I have several reports with email subscriptions that are sent out daily. Two of those reports send multiple emails even though they have only one subscription. One report sends 6 emails and the other send 3 emails. This has been happening for weeks. I tried deleting and recreating the subscriptions but that did not fix the issue. Any help on this would be much appreciated, thanks.

v-robertq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @lbudack 

Have you faced the same problem after a couple of days?

What’s your frequency setting of this subscription? Is it set as daily? You should check again.

v-robertq-msft_0-1617590839839.png

What’s more, once you click on the ”Run now” of the subscription, the email will be sent regardless of the frequency settings, I think it can also be one of the possible reasons.

More info about the limitations of “Subscribe others to your reports and dashboards in the Power BI ...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I only have one or two reports with subscription emails that are scheduled. I haven't seen this happen again only because there hasn't been another scheduled run as of yet. I suspect it may have had to do with a fix that Microsoft was working on for emails not sending at all. I can't confirm that, of course, but the timing makes me think it's possible. 

Hi, @lbudack 

Yes, your guess may be correct. it is okay if this error does not happen again.😁

Subscribe to a report or dashboard in the Power BI service

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Robert Qin

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors