Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this even possible in Power BI ?

Hello,

I am new to Power Bi. woud be great if someone can point me to the direction. Below is the scenario

1- I woud like to share a dasbhard with the 'Q & A explorer'. Since this is a relatively new feature, I want to know if

the end user can even add questions to it? Is Q and A explorer available via app too?

2- I think I may need to give the edit permission to end user. That is just fine but does that mean they will have access to all the toolbars etc? . I want to give them edit rights with the least amount of options otherwise the toolbars would overwhelm them. Is there a cleaner version something like a viewer with minmal rights?

3- Can I somehow share the dashboard (with Q an A) with them in Outlook? Some way where users can view teh power bi service or viewer inside Outlook via some link? See link example below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmiAla2SATQ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

#1, End users need to have edit permissions, then they can edit on shared contents. BTW, current apps are shared with readonly permissions, I don't think you can do custom on shared apps.

#2, Nope, current power bi not support to accurate control edit permissions.

#3, Maybe you can try to use subscription feature, it will send email to subscription users.

Subscribe yourself and others to reports and dashboards in the Power BI service
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

#1, End users need to have edit permissions, then they can edit on shared contents. BTW, current apps are shared with readonly permissions, I don't think you can do custom on shared apps.

#2, Nope, current power bi not support to accurate control edit permissions.

#3, Maybe you can try to use subscription feature, it will send email to subscription users.

Subscribe yourself and others to reports and dashboards in the Power BI service
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors