cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pmeghana90 Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Is there any possibility of refreshing the power bi dashboards for SO Azure without any gateway??

Hi,

We are trying to refresh the power bi reports from the dashboard directly. Our data source is AZURE Sql Database. When we are refreshing data through either schedule refresh or direct refresh, We are not getting the updated data.

Wanted to know whether there is any feasibility of refreshing dashboards without any gateways?

Any help is appreciated!! Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Is there any possibility of refreshing the power bi dashboards for SO Azure without any gateway?

There are 2 general approaches - refresh in the cloud (as you have described) or refresh locally and publish to the cloud. I personally prefer the latter as there are less moving parts. I use power update ($500) http://Xbi.com.au/update and schedule he refresh on a local machine and publish to the cloud on a schedule without intervention. You can also use OneDrive as the sync mechanism. Of course you still need to make a connection to Azure, but I assume you can do this from a local machine. 

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Super User
Super User

Re: Is there any possibility of refreshing the power bi dashboards for SO Azure without any gateway?

Just want to add that PowerUpdate allows a single document on a single computer as a free version. That way you can "try before you buy." I have used it in the past but do not currently refresh with that method due to corporate structure. It is a fantastic program, however.