Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ethanhunt123
Helper III
Helper III

Is there a way where i can see for which workspace these failed refresh dataset refers to?

Hello, 

When I receive automatic e-mail notifications about Power BI reports/datasets failing to refresh in the Power BI service, the e-mail is accompanied by the following information:

Technical information:

Activity ID: b5drexds-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxx

Request ID: 6c0cee39-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxx

Cluster Name: WABI-xx-xx-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx

From where can I get the information on which workspace this dataset failed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Ethanhunt123,

2 ways again:

1. Instead of clicking on the link in email, You can simply copy the link(URL link), log-in with your account in Power BI Services and then just paste the copied link in browser

2. When you copy the link, you will see the WorkspaceID as below. Match it with the possible workspace IDs(When you are at any workspace, you can view WorkspaceID in the URL) where you might feel the dataset can be present.

failed3.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ethanhunt123 ,

When you refresh fails and you receive email notification, you get a link to the dataset. You can directly click on the link to navigate to dataset settings. At top left of this screen, you will find the workspace name.

Reference Images:

failed.PNG

failed2.PNG

Give a thumbs up if this post helped you in any way and mark this post as solution if it solved your query !!!

@Anand24 

I have 2 PowerBI accounts one with my organization another one with my client's organization. If I am logged in with my organization account and dataset failed on client's, after clicking on that link that you have mentioned it will not direct to me correct workspace. as I am logged in with different account and dataset failed with another 

@Ethanhunt123,

2 ways again:

1. Instead of clicking on the link in email, You can simply copy the link(URL link), log-in with your account in Power BI Services and then just paste the copied link in browser

2. When you copy the link, you will see the WorkspaceID as below. Match it with the possible workspace IDs(When you are at any workspace, you can view WorkspaceID in the URL) where you might feel the dataset can be present.

failed3.PNG

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

@Ethanhunt123 

Please check the below question which was related to yours and was solved:
 https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Power-BI-service-refresh-failure-e-mail-notifications/td-p/...

If my answer was helpful, please click Accept it as the solution to help other members find it useful

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

Website YouTube  LinkedIn

If my answer was helpful, please click Accept it as the solution to help other members find it useful

Click on the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this reply 🙂

Website YouTube  LinkedIn

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

@Fowmy  I have already looked into that thread. That was about the error message I want to know on which workspace my dataset failed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors