Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IoanaSluby
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way to retrieve data about each report shares in a workspace?

Is there a way to retrieve data about each report shares in a workspace other than checking the permissions on each report? Like I assume it happens in Power BI report server where you can collect data from different sql tables? It should be similar to usage metrics in Service, where we already have access to some data aggregations about report utilization. I want to know whether report A has been shared with users 1,2,3, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

See if your event is tracked in the audit logs. If it is then the "Shared To"  field has the details.  We use it for apps sharing auditing on Premium, not sure if it covers report sharing too (we disallow that in our tenant).

Track user activities in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Sorry, I don't know how this works in your environment.  In a Premium capacity you go ask your tenant admin.

I searched in the Audit log for Shared Power BI report activity and somehow found what I needed, since in the description of the activity we have a recipient email which is the email address of the user I shared the report with and the name of the report. This will only help me gather the last 90 days of audit log data (I have no history and I'll have to repeat the process to further gather data), but it's a start. Thank you!

IoanaSluby
Frequent Visitor

Where would I search for the Audit logs? In the Usage metrics I only have the tables in the attached printscreen. I should specify that I am on the Pro account. 

IoanaSluby_0-1628147692431.png

Thank you!

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

See if your event is tracked in the audit logs. If it is then the "Shared To"  field has the details.  We use it for apps sharing auditing on Premium, not sure if it covers report sharing too (we disallow that in our tenant).

Track user activities in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors