Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jtsai1

Is there a way to get free or developer account without company email?

I'll like to explore power bi but I don't want to use my company email since my employer is using Tableau. I'm a developer in our IT dept. Is there a developer account that I can sign up for? I tried to use my personal email but MS doesn't seem to allowed that. I've googled it many different ways but can't find a developer account sign up.

It's a shame. I'll like to try power bi and perhaps make a case for it since it seem cheaper than Tableau and fit what my employer use for.

5 REPLIES 5
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@jtsai1 You can use Zoho or any other ways here to get your free business email account and hence register to Power BI Service. Power BI Desktop is anyways a free tool where you can import data and play around

Hi @jtsai1,

@Greg_Deckler is right about Desktop. Also, for playing around with our dloper options (custom viz and REST API) you can find more info here: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/developers

At the of he day, if you want to try all features, you will need to create a service account, and that is only available with a work email.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

Is there any plan to offer developer account? Either free or pay but come with more features for devs to play with.

@jtsai1

You can sign up for a free account, and you can get a 60 day trial of the Pro features just by activating it by trying out something that falls into the Pro Feature category. You will be prompted to accept the 60 day trial. That gives you all the capabilities of Power BI.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You can download Power BI Desktop to get a general sense of how you could import and manipulate data and create reports:

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/desktop

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors