cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
basroozen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Is there a way to get a license without Offie 365 admin rights?

Hi, I work for a big company with many restrictions on laptops. We're not allowed to install anything without admin access, and it took me months to get approval to download and install PowerBI. As I don't have admin privileges that means that for every new update I my local IT guy needs to spend some time to install it.

The time has come to go and purchase a PowerBI Pro license for me and about 5 of my colleagues. However, when I want to do that it tells me that this can only be done via the Office 365 admin. First of all I have no idea how I should be able to find this admin person, and secondly I doubt whether they will allow this as it's only for 5 people. 

Are there any other ways to purchase a license that do not require office 365 admin access?

Thanks

Bas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Is there a way to get a license without Offie 365 admin rights?

Hi @basroozen,

Actually you can only purchase the pro license in O365. Please check the steps as this case for your reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Purchase-Admin-PowerBI-pro-for-team-without-office365/td-p/...

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @basroozen,

Actually you can only purchase the pro license in O365. Please check the steps as this case for your reference.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Purchase-Admin-PowerBI-pro-for-team-without-office365/td-p/...

Regards,

Frank

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
basroozen Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

That's too bad, I'll put it on the idea list as it's going to make it very complicated for me to buy a license.

Thank you for your response!