Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to find out which reports are using a specific datasource?

HI, we have  some datasources under a specific gateway. We want to know which reports/datasets are connected to these datasources if there are any? How to find that information. Because we want to remove that gateway and want to notify the users using those reports..

4 REPLIES 4
KarenL7
Advocate II
Advocate II

@v-lili6-msft  I have the exact same question

"HI, we have  some datasources under a specific gateway. We want to know which reports/datasets are connected to these datasources if there are any? How to find that information. Because we want to remove that gateway and want to notify the users using those reports.."

I have been looking around for the answer and your post does not seem to answer the question - I have seen some API's but they do not seem to help.

I need to - have the datasource and the related dataset in the same report so  I can see which dataset is using which dataset- so we can remove any datasources which are no longer being used - but currently we are unable to do this as we only have an API which provided a 

-https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/datasets-get-datasources-as-admin

datasource and related gateway (List of all of them)

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/rest/api/power-bi/admin/datasets-get-datasets-as-admin

- dataset 

But the only API we can find give you an individual report but does not include a report / dataset id - we need to see all of them - 

Are you able to help

Thanks

Karen

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous 

I think you may try this way:

In Power BI service, go to the dataset management page (gear icon in top right->Manage personal storage). This will give you the list of datasets and for each dataset it will show relative gateway information under 'Gateway connection'.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-lili6-msft   where do u see 'gateway connection'? i dont  find it..all i see is this...

Capture89.PNG

hi, @Anonymous 

You could also get it from settings ->Datasets to check which dataset is run under the gateway

5.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors