Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

v-rosatt

Is there a way to filter a metrix report by Value Names similar to what can be done with a pivot

I am using two sharepoint lists: One list with Customer names and a second list as a large set of requirements where we enter the customer values for each of these. On a dashboard, I would like to have a matrix where I can select one or more of the requirements and see which customers have a value set for that requirement.  I would like any suggestions on how this can be done.

This can be achieved by importing a pivot table of Customers and Requirements into Power BI and then unpivoting the requirements. The matrix report can filter by any of the requirements. I can't use this method because I am trying to use the native data entry forms from Sharepoint Lists but these forms don't handle pivot table data well.

3 REPLIES 3
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @v-rosatt,

Could you please mark the proper answers as solutions?

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @v-rosatt,

The @GilbertQ's suggestion could be the best way to do that. Whatever the formats of the original data they are, they are all queries in table format in Power BI. You can manipulate them in Power BI after loading into Power BI. 

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

I would suggest importing the data into a PBIX, which will then allow you to shape the data as you require and possibly create more tables which you can then use to filter in your data model.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors