Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

emma313823
Helper IV
Helper IV

Is there a way to change the position of the pinned live pages?

I have pinned several live pages to a dashboard and have been asked if the pinned pages can have their positions changed.  Is there a way to change the order of pinned pages on a dashboard in the BI Service?  When I pin a new page to a dashboard it drops to the bottom or to the last position.

Emma

Emma
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

• Tiles are just snapshot of your data cause we will not show everything in dashboard (dashboard is mainly for overview story). So I don't think using purpose of tiles is saving real estate on a page.
  • Pin live page is feature to support users tell their story in dashboard with interacting filters. Because depends on their design or their presentation strategy, they want to show dashboard and use whole of page with interraction in dashboard.

So tiles and pin live page are features to meet your needs when design/using

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tringuyenminh92
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

You could change order of pinned live pages/tiles in dashboard by drag&drop tiles. When you pin new page to dashboard, it will be in the bottom.
Otherwise, you should refer feature "Dashboard tile flow"(Tile flow automatically aligns your content to the canvas)

(Right click in Dashboard name -> settings -> Dashboards tab -> check Turns on tile flow)

This is interesting and confusing.  When I created my visuals in the desktop app, I needed to drop several on the same page and had filters included which affected all the visuals on that page.  In the BI Service, I pinned the 'live page' on the dashboard currently in place.  I assume this is why when I pin...the entire page is dropping to the bottom.

Using the 'tile' option...I pinned a visual as a tile, however when I click that visual it opens up the page which had all my original visuals to begin with.  Is the purpose of the tiles to save real estate on a page.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the purpose of the tiles vs pinning a live page.  Right now I see the live page as much more interactive.

Emma

Emma

• Tiles are just snapshot of your data cause we will not show everything in dashboard (dashboard is mainly for overview story). So I don't think using purpose of tiles is saving real estate on a page.
  • Pin live page is feature to support users tell their story in dashboard with interacting filters. Because depends on their design or their presentation strategy, they want to show dashboard and use whole of page with interraction in dashboard.

So tiles and pin live page are features to meet your needs when design/using

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors