Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

chiragdhull
Employee
Employee

Is there a way to change the chart title in Power BI Preview?

Is there a way to change the chart title in Power BI Preview?

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, is there any update on this. All my plots are named after variables used and they look very ugly. I want to give proper names to plots and maybe edit the name of variable just for that plot like we do in pivot chart in excel.

Thanks

Jitendra

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it still not possible to rename a chart title in Power BI Desktop 5 years on from when the team were working on it or am I missing something? It has named one of my guages "ActualValue2021, Target2020Value, OutturnValue1920 and First KPIName" I just want to name it something sensible. Is this not possible? I have been through all the options in the desktop client. Thanks Robin

go to properties and change the Title then

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@chiragdhull This is definitely on the list in GA

this is already enabled in Q&A, here is a quick tutorial http://businessintelligist.com/2015/07/17/microsoft-adds-formatting-to-qa-and-a-power-qa-tutorial/

you will see that changing the title is one of the option on the chart.

@chiragdhull, as @WillT this is already on the pipeline. You can check the original idea here and get notified when is implemented.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

At the moment, there is no way to do that, but I would expect that to change soon. You can pin a report element to the dashboard and change the title there.

Hi everyone - yes this is something we're working on at the moment and will have available soon. I'm really excited about having more customization and formatting options as it's been requested by so many people!

Thanks!

W

jaredwbrown
Frequent Visitor

Do you mean the chart as it is presented on the Dashboard?  If you own the dashboard you should be able to hover over the chart and click the pencil that appears in the upper right to edit the title, but as far as I know there is not currently a way to change the title on the report you click through to itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors