Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a method to show non-report notifications on a Dashboard? (explained further in the post)

Hi,

I'll first explain the scenario to set the scene.
We have a Power BI dashboard containing multiple tiles, each tile takes you through to the individial Power BI report. All standard practice. Through the usage metrics we can see which end-users are viewing the Dashboard/Reports. The uptake is good, so good that we feel the Power BI Dashboard is a good means to notifiy the same end-users on other information. This other information would be company information, maybe an alert that a particular warehouse is out of action, or similar. So this is our requirement.

Where and how this other is information is stored is open, whether it be a word document held on the on-premise network drive, or maybe some text typed into an Office 365 product in the cloud. We are open to how the information, we would like to show the end-user, is kept. We just need to know what is possible.

How the Dashboard notification is presented we are open to too. This could be an icon on the Dashboard that the end-user clicks and it takes them to the message (wherever this is kept), or a piece of text (like a heading) on the Dashboard that takes them to the same message.

And finally, how the Dashabord notification is open to. Maybe we have no other choice but to manually create the Dashboard icon/text and manually map that to the message (wherever is kept), rather than the notification creation being automated.

Hopefully I've explained clearly the requirement. I'm really reaching out here to see what is possible.
I'm aware of the standard features of adding a tile in the form of Web content, Image, Text box, and Video, but these seem to use URL or other Power BI reports. I'm looking for a way to show a message if the message was in text form of some sort and not a URL, or having to create an additional Power BI report just to show some text.
As I say, end-users are viewing the Dashboard and we feel it will be a good place to show notifications on other important information too.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

The data alert can nofity you when data in your dashboards changes beyond limits you set. Please refer to doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-set-data-alerts

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

The data alert can nofity you when data in your dashboards changes beyond limits you set. Please refer to doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-set-data-alerts

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors