Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JensKlöker
Helper I
Helper I

Is there a Power BI Administration Report or App providing insights based on Power BI API data?

Hi there,

do you know a ready to use Power BI Administration Report, which takes data from the different PBI API endpoints to generate a bunch of relevant insights?

For example, which Workspaces are not used any more, which datasets are missing scheduled refreshes, or for which has the scheduled refresh stopped and so on...

How many assets of which kind are managed in our tenant?

Which Workspace Members/Contributors need to be more trained, because they don't reuse existing datasets, but build up the same datasets, for every new report (1:1 for Dataset:Report)? Such a report would improve our PBI Admin efforts massivley. And it could be used by every organisation, which uses the Power BI Service - isn't it?

Best regards

Jens

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JensKlöker ,

As far as I know, there is no way to meet your needs for the time being, so I hope that other experts on the forum can give you some workarounds.If you would like to suggest some feature improvements, you may also vote the idea and comment there  to improve this feature. It is a place for customers provide feedback about Microsoft Office products . What’s more, if a feedback is high voted there by other customers, it will be promising that Microsoft Product Team will take it into consideration when designing the next version in the future.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Caitlyn

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

JensKlöker
Helper I
Helper I

Thank you for your answer. I know the report metrics report. However with access to lots of different Power BI API endpoints, the insights you could generate are way beyond the stuff, which is visualized in the report metrics report. Especially from an admin point of view, this could be very valuable. Please note that I don't mean the Workspace Admin but the organizational admin for Power BI.

The data provided by all the API endpoints could be used to improve processes in an organization and a ready to use report, where just the endpoints have to be adjusted would be great.

Thank you for your answer. I know the report metrics report. However with access to lots of.

the insights. The data provided by all the endpoints could be used to improve processes in an organization and a ready to use report, where just the endpoints have to be adjusted would be great.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@JensKlöker 

You can see the available options and ideas here

Solved: Is it possible to create a powerbi Admin report us... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Regards,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors