Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is ther any limitiation for user with pro license to embed the report to organization web?

I want to ask about embedding reports using web or portal option to our organization's internal website. I want to make sure is there any limitation for a pro license to give link embed for website (how many can we embed our report using embed report using web or portal option)? Because we have a plan for them (our users or head) who as a viewer (not developers) can see the report just from the internal website.
Sorry if my sentence is not really neat, I hope you guys can understand.
Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

When you use Publish to web, anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual. Viewing requires no authentication. It includes viewing detail-level data that your reports aggregate.

You can embed your content securely in an internal portal or website. Use the Embed or Embed in SharePoint Online options. Users viewing the embedded report need either a Power BI Pro license or the content needs to be in a workspace that’s in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/easily-embed-secure-power-bi-reports-in-your-internal-portals-or-websites/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-yalanwu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous ;

When you use Publish to web, anyone on the Internet can view your published report or visual. Viewing requires no authentication. It includes viewing detail-level data that your reports aggregate.

You can embed your content securely in an internal portal or website. Use the Embed or Embed in SharePoint Online options. Users viewing the embedded report need either a Power BI Pro license or the content needs to be in a workspace that’s in a Power BI Premium capacity (EM or P SKU).

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/collaborate-share/service-publish-to-web

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/easily-embed-secure-power-bi-reports-in-your-internal-portals-or-websites/

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yalan Wu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

You can always embed reports/dashboards from PowerBI.come. Please check Embed dashboards into an app. Please note that for the shared reports/dashboards from PowerBI.com, any people who'd like to access them must have a Power BI Account as well.

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !!Power BI for Tableau Users 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay I see, so there's no limitation for embed report. But for both options "Embed Publish to Web" and "Using Power BI Rest APIs", when we put it to the internal website still need to log in using a Power BI account right? and for the user as a viewer is it okay just to use free license account right?

You need Power BI pro-license/Premium

Not for Free users

Regards,

Ritesh

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors