cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
timvdh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to use Power BI to present data to customers and keep them free of charge?

I.e. if a company wants to keep 100 customers updated daily with a small dataset, then I think the customer may just use a free account. But is there a standard way to give the customer more features and cover the charge without having the customer to worry about payments?

Regards

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
konstantinos Senior Member

Re: Is it possible to use Power BI to present data to customers and keep them free of charge?

@timvdh You will not be able to share the dashboard if they register with their emails/logins..In order to share the dashboard every user ( in your case customer ) needs to be in the same domain..Cannot share dashboard with external users..If you create the dashboard with your account @yourdomain.com then you cannot share with  @otherdomain.com but only with yours..The only option is to create as @Greg_Deckler suggest users in your tenant ( you must be admin ), assing licence (powerbi free) and share the credentials with your customers..

Konstantinos Ioannou
5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Is it possible to use Power BI to present data to customers and keep them free of charge?

You could probably just add an ID to your organization and give them a license, but I am assuming that you want them to keep their own logins?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!

ashishrj Senior Member

@timvdh Using a free account is the only way where you can keep your 100 customers updated with small dataset without spending money

timvdh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Exactly, they should register or use an existing login. I just want to grant them the right to use our data and cover any necessary charges.

konstantinos Senior Member

@timvdh You will not be able to share the dashboard if they register with their emails/logins..In order to share the dashboard every user ( in your case customer ) needs to be in the same domain..Cannot share dashboard with external users..If you create the dashboard with your account @yourdomain.com then you cannot share with  @otherdomain.com but only with yours..The only option is to create as @Greg_Deckler suggest users in your tenant ( you must be admin ), assing licence (powerbi free) and share the credentials with your customers..

Konstantinos Ioannou
Highlighted
timvdh Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Thank you. I guess the product is currently geared towards usage inside organizations - not to share data with just anyone.