Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

quintoncoish
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to turn off visualization right-click options

When right-clicking a visualization, i sometimes see the option to:

• See Records
    • update: you can sort of turn "see records" off by
      1. going to data view
      2. right clicking each table and selecting "hide in report view"
      3. unfortunately, you still see "See Records", which just becomes similar to "See Data" but exposes any field you use for an aggregation (kinda scary)
  • Include
  • Exclude

I'd love to turn those 3 options off.  Is there a way? 

Thanks,

Quinton

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The solution from a support ticket with Microsoft

To turn off "see records" don't use aggretations (count, sum, etc) on the value field you're using within the visual.  Instead, create a measure for those aggregations and use that in the value field.  It's an extra step to use dax to create those measures, which is silly but it'll save you from potentially exposing a full table of data unnecessarily.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @quintoncoish ,

In Power BI Desktop, when you right-click on a visual, just showing the options below, no See Records, Exclude and Include options as you said, could you please show your issue page in screenshot?

54.png

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Amy (@v-xicai) ,

Here's a sample of one on a 100% stacked bar chart

pbicomsup.png

I initially thought I could reduce the amount of data seen in the "see records" by hiding the tables from the report. 

pbicomsup2.png

However, it seems like it still sneaks some data thought.  In this case, since the %'s in the stacked bar chart are based on the unique count of a user's ID, it shows me the user ID in the "See Records" "#of Students" column.  I'd like for those ID's to never be seen or be able to be exported.  

pbicomsup3.png

Amy (@v-xicai)  Here's a visual on how to replicate this

pbicomsup4.png

The solution from a support ticket with Microsoft

To turn off "see records" don't use aggretations (count, sum, etc) on the value field you're using within the visual.  Instead, create a measure for those aggregations and use that in the value field.  It's an extra step to use dax to create those measures, which is silly but it'll save you from potentially exposing a full table of data unnecessarily.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors