Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Travis
Frequent Visitor

Is it possible to rename a field?

So when I change the field to be the average or count it adds this to the name that is shown on the graph.

Is it possible to make this not show up? 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Depends on the visual. In general, go to your format painter (paintbrush icon) for that visual on right-hand side and turn Title off.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Amanda
Employee
Employee

As smoupre mentioned, you can edit titles of most visuals under the paintbrush. If you don't see the ability to edit the title, it is one of the visuals we still need to add that feature to. Please submit an idea at ideas.powerbi.com 

djnww
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@Amanda I concur with ENO.

The requestor wants the ability to change the aggregaed field names such as 'Sum of' or 'Count of'.

I agree that this is needed. Senior management commented on this recently saying they want naming conventions to be simple. They panicked when they saw 'Sum of' and 'Count of' and started asking me to define what it was. They don't need to know. KPI's and dashboards are meant to be clean and simple.

- Daniel

Oh I see what you mean, my suggestion still holds though. Smiley Happy We don't have this feature, so please suggest it at ideas.powerbi.com

@Amanda FYI - Travis wasn't talking about titles, this is a "Field" ie. column name. When you apply an aggregate found in the drop down of a field, it shows up as "Count of" or "Sum of" field name in the visual. He is asking for formatting options on that so he can remove that prefix that is automatically added when you select the aggregate from the defaults.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Depends on the visual. In general, go to your format painter (paintbrush icon) for that visual on right-hand side and turn Title off.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Thanks for the reply.

Using the paintbrush icon it hasn't enabled me with an option to change these titles or turn them off.

Any other ideas that I can try?

@Travis Looks like your stuck with that if you select a change other than the default SUM.. I don't know if this is a bug or expected, in any case it would be nice to have the ability to remove it.

For your case, you could create a measure in your model, but if you aren't using a model and this is from a Content Pack - looks like we're stuck with it for now.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer Thanks very much for your response. I think we are just stuck with it for now but I will put the idea up in the feedback area. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors