Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AnandNamburi
Helper III
Helper III

Is it possible to migrate dashboards between workspaces

Hi All,

I have 3 workspaces namely 1.Dev, 2.QA and 3.Prod.

When I develop any new reports I'm publishing it into Dev and client asking me to do the samething to QA and Prod spaces as well, which is a manual work.

Is there anyway that I can able to do migrate a specific content from Dev space to QA space? 

Here I'm trying to automate the process of migration.

Thanks,

Anand 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can use Development Pipelines. It is a new service in a Premium Capacity. If you don't have Premium, you maybe able to build something with Azure DevOps. Check the examples for CI/CD, those might help to create the workspaces that will handle the files if they are an specific folder in repo.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/PowerBI-CICD-using-Azure-DevOps/ba-p/769244

Hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

View solution in original post

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @AnandNamburi ,

There is currently no feature that allows us to migrate one workspace to another

However, you can use another method to copy the workspace using the rest API and the PowerShell script, but it does not seem to be applicable to the personal workspace

Duplicate workspaces using the Power BI REST APIs: a step-by-step tutorial

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @AnandNamburi ,

There is currently no feature that allows us to migrate one workspace to another

However, you can use another method to copy the workspace using the rest API and the PowerShell script, but it does not seem to be applicable to the personal workspace

Duplicate workspaces using the Power BI REST APIs: a step-by-step tutorial

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. You can use Development Pipelines. It is a new service in a Premium Capacity. If you don't have Premium, you maybe able to build something with Azure DevOps. Check the examples for CI/CD, those might help to create the workspaces that will handle the files if they are an specific folder in repo.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/PowerBI-CICD-using-Azure-DevOps/ba-p/769244

Hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors