Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ArmEncarn
Regular Visitor

Is it possible to include current timestamp in the excel exports from Power BI

Hi gurus,

When using Export Data in a table visual in Power BI, is it possible in include the current timestamp in the excel output showing the current date and time when the user exported the report to Excel? I tried to add the current datetime using Now() function in my dataset but it only shows the time when the data is refreshed in Power BI and not the actual time when you view the report in Power BI service. Appreciate any help from you guys. Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Create a measure

measure = NOW()

and add it to your visual (hide it in the hierarchy, or make its column width zero).

Depends on where you live thought. Might want to go with UTCNOW()

NOTE:  This is just the "Last exported" date.  It has no relation to the currency of the actual data and may lead to unintended consequences/interpretations.  The optimal approach is to use a "Last Modified" date from your actual data instead. That's the only meaningful date.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
vedika1089
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

Did you find a solution to this. ?

vedika1089
Frequent Visitor

I am not able to add it to the  hierarchy. Could you please help me out

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Create a measure

measure = NOW()

and add it to your visual (hide it in the hierarchy, or make its column width zero).

Depends on where you live thought. Might want to go with UTCNOW()

NOTE:  This is just the "Last exported" date.  It has no relation to the currency of the actual data and may lead to unintended consequences/interpretations.  The optimal approach is to use a "Last Modified" date from your actual data instead. That's the only meaningful date.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors