Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

lo_p_ez
Helper I
Helper I

Is it possible to disable Manual Refresh on PowerBI?

Hi,

If I understand correctly, unlike with the Personal Gateway, the Enterprise Gateway allows all the users within the same domain to refresh the data. So my question is: is it possible to disable Manual Refresh? I want to share my dashboard with people in my organization, but I want to avoid having people constantly refreshing the dashboard and consuming my database server resources.

Thanks,

Victor.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lo_p_ez

This is considering you've used Import rather than DirectQuery. When you share dashboard with people in your organisation they get access to dashboard and underlying report. When they click refresh in dashboard or report they're refreshing it from the cloud dataset that has been published.

By sharing dashboard they don't get access to dataset and you as owner can only setup schedule or manual refreshes for that dataset.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@lo_p_ez

This is considering you've used Import rather than DirectQuery. When you share dashboard with people in your organisation they get access to dashboard and underlying report. When they click refresh in dashboard or report they're refreshing it from the cloud dataset that has been published.

By sharing dashboard they don't get access to dataset and you as owner can only setup schedule or manual refreshes for that dataset.

If I'm reading this correctly, there is no way to prevent members of my org from being able to hit the refresh button on a report once I've shared a dashboard with them?

@ankitpatira so when the owner refresh ? do people who have access to the shared dhasboard, cam see the latest update, or they need to refresh too ?

sorry probably a silly question, but i have no way to test it .

cheers

Mim

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors