Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GrahamKnowles
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is anyone using Cortana integration?

Hi

Is anyone usiong the Cortana integration (as detailed here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/powerbi/archive/2015/12/01/announcing-power-bi-integration-with-cortana-and-... ) ?

I've configured data sets to allow cortana integration and set up pages on the required reports built in Cortana view with appropriate naming, but when i using Cortana to try i find the data i can only see some of the data sets (not all), and when i try to click through to a view/report, the application just crashes rather than displaying required visuals.

Not sure if this is a problem with the integration itself, or an issues on my side.

Has anyone got this working correctly?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not got any sucess on this , Trying hard , Try sevaral time uff .. Sometime even frusted ..still trying ! Done everthing as tried .. Team give us more direction on this.

Yes, I've gotten the main scenario to work but am still working through the filtering by voice. More demos to come. I did a demo this past week at SharePoint Fest - Chicago but it only worked on the third try.

https://tumbleroad.com/2015/12/02/see-cortana-and-power-bi-integration-in-action/ 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a foolproof method of getting it to work in desktop mode, but it doesn't seem to 100% stick, and I have a (conspiratorial) idea why.

1) Enable Cortana on dataset.

2) Disconnect and reconnect the account you're using to view PowerBI. If through O365, disconnect through the Cortana Connected Accounts tab, otherwise through System > Accounts > Accounts used by other apps.

3) Kill the Cortana app in task manager.

4) Either search for Cortana page titles or be a little patient when searching Q&A style.

However it doesn't always stick, and I think it's because of either two reasons:

1) My dataset has had its Cortana enabled flag turned off - they're definitely still testing and developing around this feature.

2) If you want to modify your Cortana Answer page, your best bet is to remove everything entirely from PowerBI.com, then Publish, *then* wait a few minutes for Cortana desktop to update.

Any updates (successes) from others on Cortana Integration? Looking to try it with the Xero content pack and wondered if there are any hiccups I should watch for and resolved issues that others can share.  Would love to collaborate with others if they are working on this.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors