Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

masplin
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Is Micrsoft incompetent or just lying about the 1Y Free Trial for PRO?

My company is new to Power BI. We signed up in April with 10 users shraing dashboards. All was great.  Then the 1st June came around and we all went to sign up for the 1Y trial, but only 1 user could actually get it, with the rest of us only offered a 60 day trial.  I raised an issue as all our reporting had stopped. Nice chap form Microsoft contacted me by PM to ask for the problem accounts saying he woudl look into it. 8 days later, depsite chasing, absolutely no repsonse.

There were lots of other users joined my issue saying they had the same problem. So what do we do now? Do we sign up for the 60 day trial and sacrifice about £700 in extra licence fees?  We are compeltely without managent reporting.  I sense that Microsoft either have no intention of actually giving this 1Y trial to many, or have made a total mess of the implementation so it isnt actually possilbe,  for those who may have used the previous 60 day trial. If you recall orignally it said those who had used a previous trial were inelligable, but this was reversed after a host of complaints.

I would just like to be told straight if we are being screwed so we can get on with business. It seems Microsoft have just disappeared from all forum posts related to this fiasco.

If anyone, especially someone form Microsoft could actually address the issue and give me an answer that would be much appreciated. Preferably before my CEO shoots me for having sold him on Power BI.

1 REPLY 1
andrewnz
Advocate III
Advocate III

Hi,

It doesn't help but we've had the same problem. Lots of users who should have got 12 months and only one did. It has created chaos.

Our one remaining hope in Microsoft honouring their promises was that their Data Insights Conference (on right now in Seattle) would explain what was happening and how they planned to sort it all out. It hasn't. It seems to be all about PowerBI Premier. Size and money matter.

So, I'm pretty sure the answer to your question is that we have all been screwed.

We will now have to buy Pro licences. Premium is beyond ridiculous in both its expense and its complexity - you have to monitor and manage your own service performance and adjust (as in buy more) v-cores accordingly. That's going to be a roaring success with non-IT units. Not.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors