Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Invitation to the report leads to the App store

Hi,

I sent a link to a report that is on a Power BI App.

Some can get straight into the App workspace and some are directed to the App Store or to download Power BI.

How can I make sure that the person who gets the link will get the report?

Thanks,

Tamir

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

Some can get straight into the App workspace and some are directed to the App Store or to download Power BI.

According to this article, you can send them the direct link to the app, or they can search for it in Microsoft AppSource, where they see all the apps that they can access. No matter how they get it, after that whenever they go to Apps, they’ll see this app in their list 

If you mean getting report through the method above, you need make sure to add the user as a member of that App Workspace and add the user to the specific individuals or group when publishing.

See more in this article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps

Best Regards

Maggie

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous

According to this article, you can send them the direct link to the app, or they can search for it in Microsoft AppSource, where they see all the apps that they can access. No matter how they get it, after that whenever they go to Apps, they’ll see this app in their list 

If you mean getting report through the method above, you need make sure to add the user as a member of that App Workspace and add the user to the specific individuals or group when publishing.

See more in this article.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-create-distribute-apps

Best Regards

Maggie

Hardik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

You can publish the report to web and provide the link of the embed code so that it is accessible to anyone without having to download powerbi

Anonymous
Not applicable

It is a corporate sensitive report, and it is published within a workspace to which I gave access to a few individuals.

It cannot and should not be openly accessed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors