Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid data source credential - Data gateway

I am refreshing my datasets through the personal data gateway. After publishing my report, When I go to the Datasets for refreshing, it gives me an error invaild data source credential. When I go to the data set settings data gateway is working fine and connected but in the data source credential OAuth is missing, sometime it does not show me anything but sometime it shows only anonymous and windowimporsination. which gives me the same invalid credential error.

I have python model code in the report and I am using the model output to build report but I am using sharepoint folder or powerBI dataflow to input data in the python model. I think that making issue. I changed my system password, update powerBI version and Data gateway, try to input new password in the report dataset and query But nothing seems to be working.

When I connect only powerBI dataflow and sharepoint report with gateway it works fine. only with python code it gives me trouble.

Is there anything which I can do to connect the data and refresh through the personal data gateway.  Please suggest me some soultion of this. Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi vikassingh49111,

According to your description, it seems that when you use python code, the gateway won't work, right? If so, and if possible, could you please inform me your python code? Then I could test this in my environment.

By the way, Install the Personal Gateway - you need a Personal Gateway installed on the machine where the file is located, and where Python is installed. You could refer to Data Gateway Configuration for Python for details.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Also this remove all types of sharepoint connection from other files too, the moment i publish the report from PowerBI desktop to online powerBI.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried to install personal gateway at the same location where my python is installed on my local computer, and I saved my .pbix powerBI file at the same location but still it showing me the same error.

The Python script I am using is - 

# 'dataset' holds the input data for this script

import pickle
loaded_model = pickle.load(open(r"Y:\ML Models\XGBVWF.dat", "rb"))
df = dataset
y_pred = loaded_model.predict(df)
df['prediction']= y_pred

and advanced editor query is - 

let
Source = SharePoint.Files("XXXXXXXXX", [ApiVersion = 15]),
#"ContractTerminationstoPredict.csv_XXXXXXX/ML Test/" = Source{[Name="ContractTerminationstoPredict.csv",#"Folder Path"="XXXXXXX/ML Test/"]}[Content],
#"Imported CSV" = Csv.Document(#"XXXXXXX/ML Test/",[Delimiter=",", Columns=4, Encoding=1252, QuoteStyle=QuoteStyle.None]),

#"Run Python script" = Python.Execute("# 'dataset' holds the input data for this script#(lf)#(lf)import pickle#(lf)loaded_model = pickle.load(open(r""Y:\ML Models\XGBVWF.dat"", ""rb""))#(lf)df = dataset#(lf)y_pred = loaded_model.predict(df)#(lf)df['prediction']= y_pred",[dataset=#"Changed Type"]),
df = #"Run Python script"{[Name="df"]}[Value],

The error message is -

Can't refresh your data
The credentials you provided for the data source are invalid. Please check the credentials for all the data sources.
Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.
Activity IDXXXXXXXXXX
Request XXXXXXXX
Correlation IDXXXXXXXXXX
Status code400

Please suggest if you have other solution of this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors