Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Machzy
Helper I
Helper I

Invalid connection credentials

We have cubes built in Visual Studio on our datawarehouse that we connected to Power BI. One of our reports 'Receiving Status' isn't working for some users but it so for admins (me and others). This is the error message that the user is getting:

Something went wrong

Please try later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details

Show technical details

Technical details error:

Please try again later or contact support. If you contact support, please provide these details.

Uderlying error code: -1055391743

Underlying error message: Either the user, XXX\XXX, does not have access to the 'Receiving_Log' database, or the database does not exist.

Correlation ID: 0eccb640-40a7-7b19-2ba6-eccf0175fd57

DM_ErrorDetailNameCode_UnderlyingHResult: -2146233088

Activity ID: 1859802d-ec72-496e-b6a5-6fef56a20b6d

Time: Thu May 03 2018 11:23:37 MGT-0300 (Atlantic Daylight Time)

Version: 13.0.5093.188

Cluster URI: https://wabi-us-north-central-redirect.analysis.windows.net

We have our reports grouped together with workspaces and the user has access to the workspace and all the reports within it. But this one for some reason isn't working for her.

Thanks for the help.

Error1.pngError2.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Machzy,

Based on error message, it seems like your credentials not have permission to access your dataset, I'd like to suggest you double check on your database setting if any changes on it.

In addition, please share more detail content to help us clarify your scenario.(e.g. datasource type, connection mode, snapshots, datasource credentials settings, refresh log, gateway logs...)

Reference link:

Troubleshooting the On-premises data gateway

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Machzy,

Based on error message, it seems like your credentials not have permission to access your dataset, I'd like to suggest you double check on your database setting if any changes on it.

In addition, please share more detail content to help us clarify your scenario.(e.g. datasource type, connection mode, snapshots, datasource credentials settings, refresh log, gateway logs...)

Reference link:

Troubleshooting the On-premises data gateway

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

@Machzy Are you using Row Level security in the report?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

I don't think so, how can I confirm?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I'm having the same problem with a SQL server data source.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors