Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Invalid connection credentials - Though data source is configured

I am able to refresh the SQL datasource in Power BI desktop. I have an Enterprise Gateway configured and even there the SQL datasource is configured and connection is successfull. But when I refresh Power BI in PBI online, I get the error "Invalid connection credentails".

The report published has only one dataset configured within it. I am able to connect to the SQL datasource using SSMS.

INV Error 1.png

INV Error 2.png

3 REPLIES 3
GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi there

Can you confirm that on your Report Dataset that it is configured to the same Gateway and same connection?
Also is it set to use Single Sign On for SQL Server?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GilbertQ, I have only one Gateway configured. I'm not sure what you mean by Single Sing On, but I connect SQL server using an Active Directoy credential.

Hi there,

What happens with Single Sign On, is that you use your Active Directory Account to sign in once, and from there onwards you do not have to sign in again.

The next step is I would have SQL Profiler running on the SQL Server where you are connecting to.
I would then initial a refresh and see what credentials it is using from the On-Premise Gateway in order to authenticate.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors