Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bhanes22
Helper I
Helper I

Invalid Credentials to local file using On Prem Gateway

Hi so first time using power bi so please bear with me. I have two tables tied to this dataset, one is a SQL table being pulled from SQL server via the on prem gateway and the other is a local excel table on a file stored on the same PC the on premise gateway is installed. The SQL sonncetion is fine; however, the local file connection seems to be invalid. When I go to powerbi and go to settings-> manage gateways -> new dataspurce and add this local file sonnection using my credentials (admin and user of this specific PC) I get a successful connection (See screenshot 2) but when I go to refresh it says invalid credentials (See screenshot 1) Does anyone have any idea why? Screenshot 2.PNGScreenshot1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
bhanes22
Helper I
Helper I

Not sure what changed, but deleted the data sources from the gateway cluster and remade them exactly as I did before and it started working.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
bhanes22
Helper I
Helper I

Not sure what changed, but deleted the data sources from the gateway cluster and remade them exactly as I did before and it started working.

Thanks for letting us know!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @bhanes22 

Can you confirm that your file has got the right permissions for the account on your On-Premise server?

What I mean by that is if you right click on the file on your Gateway Server and select Properties and then click on Security does your account have read access to this file?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Yes I do have the correct permissions for this file - full control. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors