Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cwilliams
Helper II
Helper II

Introducing Featured Dashboard

Has anyone used the "Featured Dashboard" option with the dashboards and tiles?  If so, let me know your findings.  When I tested this option, I did not see any difference.

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

We started uisng Power BI. When we set any dashboard as featured dashboard we dont land there every time weopen Power BI.

Its not open. By default we are taken to my workspaces and shown the list of all dashboards. Any thoughts?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been using the Featured Dashboard functionality and loved it.   I have been using "New Navigation Preview", but now the "Featured Dashboard" choice is gone from the left hand navigation pane.     Any idea how I can get it back?

Hi Ted,

We removed featured dashboard from our left navigation as part of the new navigation.

The functionality still exists: you can set any dashboard as yoru featured dashboard - and you will land there every time you open Power BI.

We are planning to implement a new "Home" concept which will be much better than featured dashboard 🙂 

In the mean time, you can favorite that dashboard, and can access it from anywhere using our quick access flyout. 

Senior Program Manager,
Power BI, Microsoft.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Ajay,  I am glad that the Featured Dashboard is still there.    In addition to landing there when I open Power BI Services, I was also using as a fast navigation to a frequently used dashboard.   Was even easier than finding it in my list of favorites.  I will look forward to seeing the new "Home" concept 

Thanks again for your support.  Ted

DougM
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

I have had a problem accessing dashboards and reports in My Workspace. When I log in, they are all there in the menu, but when I try opening any of them it runs for a while then gives a "Tile couldn't load" error message.

After that, if I click on My Workspace, it takes me to my Featured Dashboard in a Group Workspace and I cannot see any of My Workspace items.

I have been frustrated with this for the past few days, and just found that it I disable the Featured Dashboard, it works fine ... guess it must have started when I set the Featured Dashboard?

Anyone experience this, or know a way around it?

Thanks and regards

Doug

@cwilliams I use it... What are you expecting to see? Essentially it just sets the selected dashboard to be the default dashboard when you log in.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

This is what I expected, but it is not working that way.  I used a test dashboard, set that as the default.  Logged out and then logged in; but the test dashboard did not open up.  The dashboard that displayed was the one I was working in.

@cwilliams Hm. Sorry, I can't reproduce your issue.

I un-featured a dashboard I owned, even selected a shared dashboard (with me) set that as featured, logged out, and logged back in and the new featured dashboard was on the front page. Switched back, and same result.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

How do you create pages within dashboards? I have a list of dashboards with individual tiles......

@cwilliams Sorry, bad use of words. The "Landing Page" when I log into Power BI is what I was referring too. So my reference was to the dashboard that I have set as "Featured"

I will try again and see what happens.....I will keep you updated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors