Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Per-Erik
Frequent Visitor

Internet explorer 10 and power bi reports in the cloud

Hi all!

We have many reports publisched to the power bi cloud (reports are build in power bi desktop and then publisched to the cloud).

My company still uses internet explorer 10 as their default webb-browser  ( Smiley Frustrated ).

On Friday afternoon last week, it seems like it was a big update of the power bi cloud. During this time, none of all our reports worked in none of all browser types (etc google chrome, firefox, internet explorer).

After 1 hour, all reports started to work in browser like Google Chrome (latest version) or Firefox (latest version) but not in Internet explorer 10. All menus stop working ( se pictures included in this post)

Two question to you all:

• Have power bi stop supporting Internet explorer 10? I get confused searching the web for system requirements
  • Where can you see and get information when Microsoft will do updates for power bi cloud, is there a web page where you can get this information or is there another way to get some of this information

Best regards Per-Erik

Menus stop working in internet explorer 10.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ankitpatira,

I want to thank you for your help. The url you sent me was very clear what Microsoft Power BI support for browser

Many thanks Per-Erik

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam4u
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem. My company still uses win 7 and IE 10. Have you found any settings of IE that will make it display correctly? I use Chrome as workaround, but many om coworkers dont have Chrome installed.. :S

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Per-Erik I just tested with IE11 and no issues at all. Sorry don't have IE10 installed. See list of supported browsers here. You can check for what were the updates here and can check for if there are any issues current with the service here.

Hi ankitpatira,

And thanks for your reply 🙂

I forgot to write that I have tested with internet explorer 11 and it works well, but not with version 10. 

Unfortunately I can not change all of the company's computer webbbrowser to version 11.

Best regards Per-Erik

Hi ankitpatira,

I want to thank you for your help. The url you sent me was very clear what Microsoft Power BI support for browser

Many thanks Per-Erik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors