Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Storm

Internal error when refreshing

Hey Guys. 

I am new to Power BI, so hope you can help me with our problem. Tried to google the problem, but did not help.

I receive the error below, when I try to refresh our data

Udklip.PNG

("The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error")

My project:

I have installed excel 365 (with power query), a personal gateway and a new OneDrive on a Company computer, so we have a computer online 24/7. The excel file, which is used, is uploaded to the OneDrive from my own computer. I am able to refresh the data within the excel file, from the Company computer, so a connection problem to our on-premises data is ruled out. I have hence used Power BI to connect to the Excel File within the Personal OneDrive and created a model, and also updated the information for the gateways. But afterwards, when I try to refresh the data, it fails with the above error message.

More info:

I am using both Power Pivot and Power Query connections, with date filters "after date", for our on-premises data.

Using Power BI Pro (trial version for now)

There is a connection with the Personal gateway to our on-premises data

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

This is probably one where you should click the smiley icon in the upper right in the Service and send a "frowny face" to support along with the screen shot of this error.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Just a note, sending bug reports directly from the service is no longer supported. I've done so and you'll get an email telling you to go to support.powerbi.com to re-submit the report.

I've been told by support staff that you can submit a ticket on that site by contacting support, and that general bugs can be reported in the community forums.

I'm not sure that the forums are a good official avenue for bug reports, but that is what I've been told.

Sandy
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hey Gregg

Can you send me privately who you were talking to in support that told you to report general bugs in the community?  I will escalate with the group as that is NOT CORRECT. 

Here's the litmus test.  If something is NOT functioning the way you think it should, (ie: something is broken - not a feature request) - and if you want to make sure the product team sees your issue and considers changing code - you should file an issue with support.  And if support ever tells you to log the issue with the community - please let me know directly.

If you are unsure of proper behavior, then use the community to gain insight.

Does this help?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors