Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Internal database error: Library used incorrectly. SQLite Error Code=21.

Starting yesterday most of our Power BI report refreshes are failing with the following reason. This is happening to multiple reports in the workspace. The report refreshes used to work perfectly till now.  

Internal database error: Library used incorrectly. SQLite Error Code=21. An error occurred while attempting to insert a row into the system table 'Table' in the metadata database.

The data source is SQL Server 2016. Any idea why this could be happening?

The workspace is on P1 capacity. The reports refresh fine on desktop. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

I think you are working with SSAS data source and third party sqlite connector, right?

If this is a case, I think this issue should more related to sqlite itself, you can post to sqlite related forum to get better support.

In addition, you can also take a look at following link with same error message:
Unable to Deploy Cubes - Error : Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'Internal database error: Library used incorrectly. SQLite Error Code=21. An error occurred while attempting to delete a row from the system table 'Table' in the

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-shex-msft

We are not using SSAS and neither a third party SQL lite connector. All the affected reports are using SQL Server 2016 as the data source and models are import based.

I'm having the same problem. I would appreciate any answer

HI @Anonymous,

Is there any update on your sql server environment? I can't reproduce this on my side, it works when you test with sql 2016.

Can you please open a support ticket to get better support from power bi team? It is free for pro and above licenses.

submit a support ticketsubmit a support ticket

Regards,
Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors