Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Internal Service Error Refresh Failed

Hello 

I am getting the follwing refresh error for the last several days:

"Service Dataset has failed to refresh.
Failure details: The last refresh attempt failed because of an internal service error. This is usually a transient issue. If you try again later and still see this message, contact support.

CdsaWorkloadDisabled. The exception was raised by the IDataReader interface. Please review the error message and provider documentation for further information and corrective action.

Next refresh for Service Dataset is scheduled for September 23, 2020 14:00 UTC."

I've followed the steps in the below link to no avail:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Refresh-Failed-Internal-Service-Error/td-p/381780

Documentation on IDataReader

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/api/microsoft.reportingservices.dataprocessing.idatareader?v...

I have a single dataflow as my source. I have several other datasets using this same dataflow as a source that are refreshing no problem. 

A manual refresh seems to work intermittently. Obviously the error says to contact support but I thought I would try here first. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I belive the error was fixed by one of the two following:

1. Removed a query within the dataset "PowerBI.Dataflows()" that I was using to pull in the dataflow names.

2. PBI desktop updated to September 2020 version and I republished from that version. 

Not sure which of these fixed it since they both occured around the same time.

Thanks y'all!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I belive the error was fixed by one of the two following:

1. Removed a query within the dataset "PowerBI.Dataflows()" that I was using to pull in the dataflow names.

2. PBI desktop updated to September 2020 version and I republished from that version. 

Not sure which of these fixed it since they both occured around the same time.

Thanks y'all!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thank you for sharing the possible solution. Would you please accpet it as answer to help others with same issue find it quickly?

Thank you for sharing and understanding.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

v-deddai1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

I suggest you  try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Best Regards,

Dedmon Dai

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

yep, check the support page, raise a ticket if you have a Pro license.  

Oftentimes the Power BI service wobbles right around the time when a new version has dropped. Oh, look, the September version just dropped!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors