Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

DQuigg
Advocate III
Advocate III

Intermittent Error Connecting to Power BI Dataset

I am having intermittent issues connecting to an existing Power BI Dataset.  It worked fine for multiple weeks and now today I am getting the message below. If I republish the dataset, it seems to clear it up. It has happened three times today. The dataset itself is very large but it doesn't seem to be a capacity issue and has worked fine before.  

Power BI Dataset Connection Issues.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DQuigg 

Power bi is working on system upgrading these days. The error will be fixed ASAP. sorry for causing the inconvenience. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-diye-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DQuigg 

Power bi is working on system upgrading these days. The error will be fixed ASAP. sorry for causing the inconvenience. 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Things fine all day today and then all of the sudden can't connect to the Power BI dataset.  This is very frustrating. Do you know if there is any progress on resolving this issue?  

Dan

Hi @v-diye-msft 

This is really becoming a problem. Just had issues connecting to the dataset again. Was fine all day until now. 

I am concerned that this will become a big issues for our end-users when we deploy this app (this is an ISV application).

Dan

Thanks!

Hi @v-diye-msft 

I am having a major problem. I can now longer connect to my Power BI Dataset in my existing PBIX file. The dataset is out there and I can connect to it with a new file. How do I reset that connection?  I will have lost days of work if I cannot reset the connection.

Never mind - I got the connection back. I still need to understand why my dataset connection keeps getting lost. In addition, this last time, the dataset itself was gone. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors