Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

beckajohns
Frequent Visitor

Interactive TV Kiosk

I'm looking for a solution to provide an interactive experience with Power BI reports/dashboards on an industrial plant floor with production staff. While searching I stumbled upon a potential solution ... but I'm not sure it's credible. It looks too good to be true - especially with the PowerApps integration, too. Does anyone have experience with the Power BI Kiosk from Antdata? https://antdata.eu/business_intelligence_kiosk.html 

Any suggestions on how to vet out the company other than a demo and asking for references?

BI_kiosk_PowerBI_on_TV

3 REPLIES 3
DavidCousinsT
Frequent Visitor

Have you looked into the official Win 10 Viewer app? You can set a Windows 10 machine to boot into Kiosk mode and launch the app. Can even have it automatically open full screen and open a pre-set report which it will then scroll through pages and bookmarks and refresh. https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/enhancing-presentation-mode-with-slideshow-in-windows-power...

User can interact with it and the refresh functionality pauses, though I think it requires them to unpause it manually if they want it to cycle again. But they can navigate around and view whatever reports you've given the kiosk account access to.

You'd have to 'build' it yourself, so a small Windows 10 machine strapped to the back of a touchscreen on a cart/stand/wall. Could always buy a surface hub, but those are pricey.

EmilAntdata

Hi Beckajohns,
This is Emil from Antdata. I am happy to see you are interested in our BI Kiosk. I would like to confirm it is absolutely reliable, you can see the videos of the Kiosk in use: 
Power BI report presented on the BI Kiosk (Business Intelligence) - YouTube

Currently we are releasing the BI Kiosk 2.0 which is tailored for Power BI, PowerApps and Sharepoint as a documentation library. The Kiosk is designed to work in a production environment.

You can see the examples of what the BI Kiosk can be used for in the video below: 
BI Kiosk optimized for Power BI, Power Apps, Virtual Agents and SharePoint - YouTube
Please let me know if you have any questions.

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @beckajohns 

To me this looks like it could be a possible solution, where they are using a touch screen which interacts with Power BI Reports.

I would also for a demo, where you can see how it works and then ask additional questions?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors