Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

XLBob
Resolver II
Resolver II

Integrate Power BI with on-prem sharepoint 2010?

I have done some research on this topic and not quite sure if it's possible. A bit of backgroud info on this first. My company has lots of agents to sell our products and all our agents are in the same company domain, which means that their emails address all follow the same pattern - agentX@mycompany.com We would like to host Power BI report on our on prem sharepoint site (SP2010). Currently every agents has access to our SSRS reports hosted on share point and they can only see their relevant data due to parameter (agent login details) configured in SSRS reports.

What we are trying to do are:

1 hostPower BI report in SP 2010

2 restrict each agent to see only their data.

I know this is a big question and hopefully some one can direct me to the right direction if this is possible to implement. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @XLBob,

Based on my research, I don't think it is possible to host Power BI reports on your on-prem server currently. The idea is already shared on Power BI Ideas and started. You can now try the January 2017 Technical Preview. And the availability of the production-ready version is targeted in mid-2017.Smiley Happy

Regards

@v-ljerr-msft wrote:

Hi @XLBob,

Based on my research, I don't think it is possible to host Power BI reports on your on-prem server currently. The idea is already shared on Power BI Ideas and started. You can now try the January 2017 Technical Preview. And the availability of the production-ready version is targeted in mid-2017.Smiley Happy

Regards

Thanks for your reply.  So the catch here is my company has to upgrade to SQL and SharePoint 2016.

Another thing I am trying to figure out is with SSRS and SP 2016, how can you restrict people to see only a subset of data when report is built using Power BI desktop?

I know if you build report using SSRS you can use parameter and a mapping table to achieve this.

Anyone knows anything about this?

XLBob
Resolver II
Resolver II

Seems like not many people have done something similar in the past. probably it's too difficult to implement. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors