Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vidyadutt
Advocate V
Advocate V

Install app automatically disabled

Hello Power BI Experts,

I have enabled "Push apps to end users" in the Tenant Settings. We're pushing the apps using MS 365 Security Groups. Currently we have 26 such groups added to this setting. (screenshot 1)

Tenant Settings.png

But in the app permissions, the "Install this app automatically" is disabled and the tooltip says that the organization has disabled this functionality (screenshot 2).

App Permissions.pngIt has been a couple of days since the last change. Any tip on how to fix this issue?

Regards,

Vidyadutt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It might be, that in addition to being owner, you also need to be a member of that security group for this to work. I have seen similar behaviour with O365 groups, where you need to be a member to access the workspace also, and owner alone is not enough.
Could you check/try that and report back if that solves the problem?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @vidyadutt 

It is only supported for specific security groups, please re-check that 26 such groups are security groups and the account has been added to one of the groups.

37.png

38.png

Please cchech if  this document helps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/admin/create-groups/compare-groups?view=o365-worldwid...

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-easonf-msft,

Yes, all of them are security groups.

vidyadutt_0-1592555352927.png

Regards,

Vidyadutt

It might be, that in addition to being owner, you also need to be a member of that security group for this to work. I have seen similar behaviour with O365 groups, where you need to be a member to access the workspace also, and owner alone is not enough.
Could you check/try that and report back if that solves the problem?

Blog: nickyvv.com | @NickyvV

Thank you very much for the tip @nickyvv. I added myself as a member of one of the groups and then I can see the option enabled in the apps permissions.

Regards,

Vidyadutt

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Can you confirm that you are part of the tenant permission groups that have access to install the app?

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Hi @GilbertQ,

Yes, I'm one of the owners of all these groups.

Regards,

Vidyadutt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors