Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Inserted images not showing in shared report

I inserted some PNG images into the report in PowerBI Desktop. When I published the report, I could see the images. However, once I create a public link to view the report, the images don't show!! 

I used the simple Insert Image, am I doing that wrong? 

P.S: I have the latest version of desktop.  

Here are the incorporate link of my report: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMWIzNzQ3ODgtZDgyMC00M2NmLTk1NWEtZmNhNmIyMzhkN2U0IiwidCI6IjNlZ...

14 REPLIES 14
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

From your URL, I cannot see any content of your report.

blank.PNG

I have made a test with inserting an image in the report in Power BI Desktop and publish it to Power BI Service.

Then I publish this report to web, everything works as expected. Here is my publish url.

https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiMDdiODZmNzQtODIyOC00MzEyLWEzMWMtNjQxY2Y1MjE0MjFhIiwidCI6ImYyZGViOTJkLWMwNjYtNDVlMy05YWEzLTEzMDA4MWY1YWNmNSIsImMiOjEwfQ%3D%3D

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the issue, so that I can test it in my site? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @v-piga-msft.

Sorry, i deleted my report yesterday when i was trying to find a solution.
However, None of image in my report (toggle, photo ...) could be shown in my public link

Here is my link updated: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjgxMGJiMmQtMjcwMS00NzFiLTgzNDEtNGM2N2FkYmI2Y2ExIiwidCI6IjNlZ...

Anonymous
Not applicable

And as you can public your photo in the public view, i think that there are some problemes with my Power BI Account. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

exemple 3.pngexemple 4.png

Here are some exemples of some photos which i could see in my report but couldn't be shown in the public view through the incorporate link.

All of photos which were loaded from the local computer couldn't be shown while there wasn't any probleme with thumbail from URL

Hi @Anonymous,

The feature Publish to web is avalible for both of Free account and Pro account, so I think this is not caused by your account.

Could you share your a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that I can have a test in my site? You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.)

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cherry,

i think that i'm not the only person who has that kind of problem.
there was another post concerning this problem : https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/Inserted-images-not-showing-in-existing-shared-public-repor...

My account Power BI is a pro account (not a free account).

Thank you to see with your service. Until now, there's none of image affiched in the public link in all report (event some last reports which hasn't any problem before)

As requested:

Here are the public link of my report : https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjgxMGJiMmQtMjcwMS00NzFiLTgzNDEtNGM2N2FkYmI2Y2ExIiwidCI6IjNlZ...

and Here are the report published on google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mOANDOPoVtC9mrAjQR6rRgGT-bdAjO_v/view?usp=sharing

Hi @Anonymous,

Firstly, the url you share about the issue for Inserted images not showing in existing shared public report which has been fixed.

In addition, I have made a test with your shared reported, it works as expected in my site.

test for image _publish to web.PNG

Here is the public link, please check if you could see the image in your browser: https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiNzExZGQ1MDItNmE5My00ZGFhLTgyYjQtNDUwNWJkNDdkNzUzIiwidCI6ImYyZGViOTJkLWMwNjYtNDVlMy05YWEzLTEzMDA4MWY1YWNmNSIsImMiOjEwfQ%3D%3D

I have tested with Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, IE, each browser shows the image successfully.

You may could clear the cache or cookie of the browser and try again.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cherry,

No, i'm sure it's not about the cookies. It doesn't work on my personal computer + my work computer.

You can do it because you don't have any problem on your account. That's why i said that my Power BI account could have some bugs.

Simply, could you explain why we can't see any image in my public share link https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYjgxMGJiMmQtMjcwMS00NzFiLTgzNDEtNGM2N2FkYmI2Y2ExIiwidCI6IjNlZ... that is exactly the incorporate linke created for my report ? if you cannot help me to fixe this, i really wonder if from now i can create public report with image !

Hope that you can help me to fix this problem as soon as possible because i've gotten this problem for 1 week and it causes me a lot of negatif impacts as almost our company's report is made through Power BI.

Best Regards.

Hi @Anonymous,

Does this issue also occur in your colleague's account or only on your account?

Normaly, this should not be related to your Power BI account. I'm afraid this issue may caused by where the data your service stored in.

Here is my data stored in.

about power bi.png

Where are your data stored in? You could have a check under help&support in Power BI Service.

In addition, please have a test if you have this problem when you published app, because we have the similar issue for Published App missing images.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cherry,

First of all, thank you for your reply.
My data stores in Northern Europe (Irland) Untitled.png

I've never published app before So i don't know how to try it ...

Hi @Anonymous,

What browser do you use in your site?

In addition, do you have this issue for this specific report or all reports? 

Could you see the image when Publish to web before?

You could delete the embed code and Publish your report to web again to try again.

In addition, please have a test with my simple pbix, check if you could see the image when publish to web.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cherry,

After installing the newest version of Power BI Desktop, deleting actual pbix files & republishing with another name, the problem is finally resolved.

Thank you for your time & your support.

Hi @Anonymous,

It's glad that you have solved your problem. 

Please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

We'd better keep the latest Power BI Desktop version as the newset version always fix the previous problems.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Cherry,

Last week, i'd the issues for all report but now, i've only for some of my reports

Of course, i can see the image when publish to web !
I've tried to delete the embed code and re-publish by creating new incorporate code for many times since the last week but it doesn't work ...

And i can see the image when i do the test with your pbix.

Best Regards.
DUC

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors